As you might be aware, all money raised by Swop n Shop will be used by The British Red Cross to help those affected by crisis both at home and overseas.
Here’s a list of just some of the amazing things The British Red Cross could do with your £3 entry fee:
– Provide one food parcel for someone living with HIV in South Africa.
– Provide 50 litres of purified water.
– Provide one foil blanket for an earthquake survivor.
– Give lifesaving treatment for nine people affected by cholera.
– Feed a malnourished child for a week.
– Provide two fruit tree seedlings to a community in Uganda, providing nutrition for families and an income when sold at market.
Ultimately, we wish to raise £2,500 for The British Red Cross.
If £3 can be used to such wonderful ends, imagine what they could do with £2,500:
– Care for 20 vulnerable people at home after a hospital stay.
– Give 83 people freedom and confidence through the loan of a wheelchair.
– Enable our volunteers to trace 50 family members separated by conflict or natural disasters.
– Buy staple foods, second hand cooking utensils and toiletries for 150 refugees newly arrived in the UK.
– Provide 62 essential household item kits for families including four blankets, two sleeping mats, a clothing kit, a jerry can, a bucket, and two bars of soap.
But what about you? What do you get for your £3?
Quite a lot:
– Over 20 local and independent stores selling unique upcycled, vintage and handmade arts, crafts and desirables – most of which is completely unavailable anywhere else.
– Access to the almighty Swop – £3 really isn’t much to pay for the chance to revitalise your entire wardrobe.
– A groovy 60s living room – a spaced-out relaxation space where you can spin vinyl and bask in the wondrous vintage vibes.
– A wholesome feeling of well-being and satisfaction.
So bring your friends. Bring your family. Have your family bring their friends. Have the friends of your family bring their family.
Spread the word and help us meet and beat our target.